True Life: I'm a college student.

A blog about my life at Ball State University.

5 tips for handling college work!

March28

Things are getting pretty hectic here in the second half of the semester! Class projects and trying to wrap up Cardinal Comm work is really getting to me. College can be very overwhelming at times, and there’s no class to tell you how to handle all of your classes, homework and extracurriculars while still having a social life! Here are my top 5 tips:

5. Breathe.
It seems silly, but sometimes in crunch time you forget.

4. Work out.
While it may seem like a time waster when you have a lot to do, it will actually give you a boost of energy! In the Ball State Rec Center, the 3rd floor of the workout area is a quiet floor. Who says you can’t read and run at the same time?

3. Make to-do lists.
Don’t let big assignments catch you by surprise! Post-it notes are your best friend.

2. Get a study buddy… or two or three!
One of the biggest advantages of joining a student organization in your major is the study buddies you’ll gain. In Cardinal Comm, I have access to an office full of other public relations majors taking the same classes I am! They’re a great resource.

1. Save time for yourself!
This is the number one most important thing to remember when things get busy. Thursday night is Kait night.

Just some of my study buddies in the Cardinal Communications office.

by posted under Life in general | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“5 tips for handling college work!”

1. March 29th, 2011 at 4:27 am       Theron Lekberg Says:

an office full of other public relations majors taking the same classes??

Acekard 3DS

2. March 30th, 2011 at 4:23 pm       Kait Says:

lol yes. Cardinal Communications is a public relations/advertising agency that is student-run, so we all take the same basic classes and help each other out. It’s nice!