True Life: I'm a college student.

A blog about my life at Ball State University.

schranzschranzschranz

November4

Becoming a Twitter freak. It’s fun!

Tonight was the 32nd Annual Schranz Distiguished Lectureship in Public Relations. AKA… SCHRANZ.

This is the single biggest event in the PR department at Ball State. The Schranz family donates thousands of dollars each year to our department, and if they’re not satisfied with their lectureship–well it’s goodbye money! So basically we work hard and kiss their butts all evening. Sometimes in public relations, you’ve got to do a good butt kissing.

So my Schranz day started out at 3:45 p.m. in the Cardinal Comm office (CC organizes and promotes the lectureship each year). I then stood out on the street corner with a parking sign for an hour and a half (welcome to the real life of event planning), got a 30 minute pizza break and returned to the lecture hall to take surveys of attendees.

Here comes the awesome part. We set up 400 chairs in the student center ballroom for this event…. we had to add 300 more!!!! That’s the greatest problem you can have as an event planner. Of course it was hot and crowded, but the presentation was awesome! Our speaker was Lisa Baird, the chief marketing director for the U.S. Olympic Committee. She’s also worked in marketing for the NFL. Big stuff right there.

She shared this awesome Proctor and Gamble commercial during her lecture that kind of made me want to cry. You should check it out because it’s a great public relations piece:

CLICK HERE!!

Oh while we’re on this subject of great campaigns, check out this awesome video from the (RED) campaign, which raises money for the Global Fund in Africa. I ran across this commercial the other day when I was looking at (RED)’s branding strategies for a report on what inspires me professionally! They’re awesome.

CLICK HERE TOO!!!

Tomorrow I think I’ll take you on a tour of my second home (the journalism buidling-AJ) and show you the Cardinal Comm office. If I do that tomorrow it means I’ll figure out how to upload the videos from my camera by at least Saturday… ha.

Oh! And follow @CardinalComm on Twitter. My team just finished our social media plans for in-house, and we update helpful tips, advice and other great articles dealing with integrated marketing communications and young professionals!

2 Comments to

“schranzschranzschranz”

1. July 6th, 2012 at 8:56 am       Troy Gollwitzer Says:

Thank you for helping out, superb info. “Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it.” by Tallulah Bankhead.

2. August 7th, 2012 at 9:03 pm       Eddie Bartush Says:

Good blog! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I’m wondering how I might be notified when a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your RSS feed which must do the trick! Have a great day!